Use of The Stables is subject to the following rules and in the case of hirers, to certain standard conditions incorporated in the hiring agreement.
The Stables shall be open to all members of the community regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religious or political beliefs or marital status.
• Application for use of The Stables shall be made to the Booking Clerk;
• All arrangements for the use of The Stables facilities are subject the Council reserving the right to cancel bookings when the premises are required for use as a Polling Station or are rendered unfit for the intended use; and
• All payments will be received prior to hire.
No dance bands/groups amplification of music or viewing of live TV is permitted. All relevant licences need to be obtained by the hirer.
Hirers need to vacate The Stables by 11.30pm; permission for extended hours needs to be granted by the Booking Clerk.
The Stables has a maximum capacity of 50 persons. Numbers must not be exceeded.
All conditions attached to the granting of The Stables Licences shall be strictly observed. Nothing shall be done to endanger the users of the building and the policies of insurances relating to it and its contents. In particular:
• Obstructions must not be placed in front of the emergency exits which must be immediately available for free public progress;
• The emergency lighting supply must remain turned on during the whole time the premises are occupied and must illuminate all exit signs and routes;
• Fire fighting equipment shall be kept in its place and used for its intended purpose;
• The fire brigade shall be called to any outbreak of fire;
• Highly flammable substances shall not be brought into the building;
• The use of candles, naked lights, matches, lighters or smoke machines of any description is prohibited except where matches or lighters are to be used to light a cake;
• No unauthorised heating appliances shall be used on the premises;
• The First Aid box located in the kitchen is available to all users of the premises; and
• All electrical equipment brought onto the premises shall comply with the current Electricity at Work Regulations.
• No parties for ages from 13-21 years inclusively;
• No illegal substances or offensive weapons to be bought onto the premises.
• No Smoke Machines permitted – Deposits will be forfeited if they are operated.
The hirer or person in charge of the activity shall not be under 21 years of age and shall be on the premises for the entire period of the hire or duration of the activity. When the premises or any part of them are used for the purpose of public entertainment there shall be a minimum of two persons neither of whom shall be less than 21 years of age on duty.
Hirers will need to provide their own insurance for Bouncy Castles as the Council’s insurance does not cover this activity. Please inform Hazlemere Parish Council prior to the event if a bouncy castle is to be used.
No intoxicating liquors are permitted to be bought, sold or consumed on any part of the premises without the express permission in writing of the Booking Clerk whose consent must be obtained prior to seeking any Licence. Alcohol should only be consumed by 18 years old and over.
The permission of the Booking Clerk must be obtained before goods or equipment are left or stored at The Stables. All private equipment – bottles, glasses, stalls etc must be removed on the day on which the function takes place as no storage is available.
The Council can’t accept responsibility for damage, loss or theft of Stable Users property and effects.
The car parking area is not for the sole use of hirers. It may on occasions also be used by the Gardening Association or allotment holders. No parking is allowed on the driveway or on the grass. Please park considerately.
• Litter shall not be left in or about The Stables premises;
• Except in the case of aid dogs, dogs shall not be admitted to The Stables without permission from the Parish Council office; and
• Hirers are responsible for ensuring that the noise level of their functions does not cause inconvenience for the occupiers of nearby houses and property.
Please supply own tea towels. All use of The Stables premises and facilities is subject to the users or hirers accepting responsibility for returning furniture and equipment to their original position and for securing doors and windows of the premises as directed by the Booking Clerk. Please supply own rubbish bags and remove all rubbish from site. All users shall leave the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition.
Bookings confirmed by the hirer and then cancelled 28 days or more before the date of the event will incur a 25% cancellation charge. Where bookings are cancelled less than 28 days prior to the date of the function the cancellation charge will be 50%. The full charge will be payable where the cancellation takes place less than 14 days prior to the function.
The Council can refuse any individual to hire based on our Terms and Conditions and criteria.
The Council has a PRS but not a PPL licence. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that their activity is in compliance with this or to apply directly for a PPL licence, if applicable. Full PRS terms and conditions are available upon request from the office.
By signing the hire agreement according to the new regulations set out by the GDPR Legislation the Parish Council will keep all hires details on record for the immediate future, thereafter they shall be terminated in accordance with the guidelines laid out on the Parish Council’s website.